This position is available through the Job Creation Partnership Program, offered in partnership with Employment Ontario. The Job Creation Partnership program is designed to provide those receiving Employment Insurance benefits (or those with reach back status) work experience opportunities needed to acquire more marketable skills to help them find future employment.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 26 Weeks START DATE: ASAP END DATE: For Set Weeks
JOB SUMMARY: Recruit, train and support volunteers for the Festival.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reporting to and working directly under the supervision of festival Director and in tandem with the Administrative & Community Liaison Coordinator and the Market Place Coordinator.
- Research and identify schools, post-secondary institutions for recruitment of volunteers
- Coordinate information sessions at schools, post-secondary institutions for volunteer recruitment
- Liaise with Volunteer Bureau, Algonquin College Festival Program Coordinator
- Update the Volunteer Information Kit
- Recruit and train volunteers
- Organize volunteer recognition event
- Identify volunteer needs for the festival
- Work with Administrative and Community Liaison Coordinator as well as with the Market Place Coordinator
- Execute all other duties associated with the job as assigned
- Prepare project evaluation and report for 2014 with recommendations for 2015 festival edition
- Must have a High School diploma
- Must possess some previous experience in managing a team of volunteers or other related area of work
- Must have good oral and written skills in English and French
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet stringent deadlines
- Must be able to work in a team
- Must be able to work under pressure on various projects simultaneously
- Must demonstrate interest and experience in working with volunteers and various cultural organizations
- Must possess excellent computer skills and particularly advanced skills in Excel
- Community Partners
- Festival and Industry Suppliers
- Festival Participants
- Ottawa High Schools
- Ottawa Post-Secondary Institutions
TO APPLY: Forward CV to [email protected] or fax to 613.233.3134
Please quote position number: CA3 and title.
Only those candidates who meet the JCP criteria will be contacted for an interview. To learn more about the JCP criteria, please visit www.ottawafestivals.ca