This position is available through the Job Creation Partnership Program, offered in partnership with Employment Ontario. The Job Creation Partnership program is designed to provide those receiving Employment Insurance benefits (or those with reach back status) work experience opportunities needed to acquire more marketable skills to help them find future employment.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 8 weeks with the possibility of extension to 26 weeks START DATE: February 2, 2015 END DATE: For set weeks
JOB SUMMARY: Serve as the administrative and central liaison person for the festival.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reporting to and working directly under the supervision of the festival Director and in collaboration with the Volunteer and Market Place Coordinators.
Note: Please review the ottawafestivals.ca website for the eligibility criteria for the Job Creation Partnerships employment program
- Serve as primary contact for festival performers, participants, and public
- Manage office duties (correspondence, phone inquiries, follow-up calls)
- Perform administrative follow-up work with performers and participants (registration forms, contact information etc.)
- Update and expand existing mail lists, email contacts lists etc.
- Coordinate accommodation and local travel for guest performers (if applicable)
- Liaise with Embassies and diplomatic representatives (when applicable)
- Assist with press conference material and event coordination with Media Relations Officer
- Work with Volunteer and Market Place Coordinators
- Execute all other duties associated with the job as assigned
- Prepare project evaluation and report for 2015 with recommendations for 2016 festival
- Must have a High School diploma
- Must have good oral and written skills in English and French
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet stringent deadlines
- Must be able to work under pressure on various projects simultaneously
- Must be able to work in a team
- Must possess excellent managerial and organizational skills with special attention paid to details
- Must be computer literate (Microsoft, WordPerfect, Excel, etc.)
- Must have knowledge and skills to update festival’s social media tools (Facebook).
- Must demonstrate interest and experience in working with various cultural organizations
- Must possess good crisis/problem solving skills
- Local Performers/Artist
- Local Artisans, Community and Cultural Associations
- Local Hoteliers
- Festival and Industry Suppliers
TO APPLY: Forward CV to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in the email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here.