This position is available through the Job Creation Partnership Program, offered in partnership with Employment Ontario. The Job Creation Partnership program is designed to provide those receiving Employment Insurance benefits (or those with reach back status) work experience opportunities needed to acquire more marketable skills to help them find future employment.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 26 Weeks START DATE: ASAP END DATE: For set weeks
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for updating the festival’s website, providing technical support, and uploading content/images/podcasts and webcasts as directed, while working closely with the festival’s administrative, communications, and sponsorship team.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to and works directly under the supervision of the Director of Marketing and Director of Sponsorship
- Update website content/information for the 2013 festival
- Ensure that all website links are active and functioning properly
- Coordinate with sponsorship staff to ensure that all sponsor logos and information is up to date and accurate
- Support promotional contests through the festival’s website
- Coordinate with programming staff to ensure accurate artist schedules/bios/photos are posted for the 2014 press releases
- Work with programming assistant to ensure performance schedules are maintained with up-to-date information prior to and during the festival
- Liaise with festival translator to ensure that all information on the French website is accurate and up-to-date
- Organize website files and information during the post-festival period for easy access for the following year’s event
- Implement and maintain all ‘new media’ initiatives, including social networking websites, podcasts and webcasts as directed
- Prepare web stats after the festival
- All other duties as required
- Design, update and coordination of other projects as required
- Maintain folder of approved artists’ photos on the website
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Proven success multi-tasking in a high pressure environment
- Proven ability to think creatively and strategically
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, HTML, Adobe PDF, Drupal, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Macromedia Dreamweaver, WS FTP, Macromedia Fireworks, Macromedia Flash, New Media Applications.
- Must be able to create printer-ready files.
- LIXAR (website developer), Auto Trim Design (signage provider), Bluesfest corporate sponsors, Dollco (printing firm), Mediaplus (media firm), Bluesfest corporate sponsors, Record labels in Canada and throughout North America, Blues agencies and publications
TO APPLY: Forward CV to [email protected] or fax to 613.233.3134
Please quote position number: BA2 and title
Only those candidates who meet the JCP criteria will be contacted for an interview. To learn more about the JCP criteria, please visit http://www.ottawafestivals.ca