SYNAPCITY IS GROWING. GET EXCITED.
Join our Facilitation Team
We hold spaces for people, institutions, and sectors to create lasting relationships.
Synapcity seeks Facilitators to join our team on a casual and ongoing basis basis. We offer a dynamic environment that calls for you to work independently, be resourceful and think on your feet. You are passionate about our values and mission. You will act as an ambassador for Synapcity in your interactions with participants, volunteers, partners, and stakeholders from all walks of life. Synapcity is growing. It’s a great time to join the team.
Working closely with the Executive Director and the Program Manager, you will shadow and then lead the facilitation in both our core programs, Civics Talks and Civics Boot Camp. Civics Talks is a 2.5-hour workshop and Civics Boot Camp comprises of six 3-hour sessions. We offer 2 Boot Camps and about 8 Civics Talks a year, for each of which we will offer an honorarium. Additionally, you may be asked to lead other programs as well.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing materials and training rooms for all activities;
- Providing a positive and hopeful environment where participants are encouraged to actively participate in the learning process;
- Delivering content per the standards of the program;
- Nurturing a playful and curious atmosphere;
- Adapting facilitation methods to meet participants’ varying needs;
- Maintaining effective and efficient record-keeping;
- Reporting real-time observations as part of our emergent learning practice; and
- Collaborating with co-workers to continuously improve our programming.
- Measurable experience in the field;
- Ability to work with a diverse population, including people facing multiple barriers;
- Strong understanding of Ottawa, community, and services offered; and
- Requires personal vehicle
Who We Are
The city is its people. You are this city.
Synapcity brings people together to share ideas, understand new perspectives and collaborate on initiatives to improve our city, without political agenda or bias.
We provide the knowledge and tools to help people understand our city and gain confidence to make positive change. We give people a sense of belonging and empowerment to co-create so that we can preserve and strengthen what makes Ottawa great.
Social connection makes our brain better. We make this happen through community engagement. We gather positively passionate people, who would never otherwise meet, and help them contribute to our city’s accumulated intelligence.