Theatre Wakefield is seeking individuals with strong qualities to fill positions on its Board of Directors and committees. We welcome people from the lower Gatineau area and Gatineau-Ottawa with an interest in supporting the cultural development and cultural economy of West Quebec.
Especially, we hope to find persons with skills in areas of marketing & promotion, volunteer management, financial management, production and governance. Performing Arts Management experience would be most welcome. Bilinguisme serait un atout.
We are a very successful company with a lot of great projects. We just need more people to help sustain and direct our programs and as a non-profit, our leadership is largely volunteer. More and more, as funding allows, we, as other such groups in the area, are beginning to hire project managers on a part-time basis and they need guidance.
Based in Wakefield, we have several projects throughout the year:
- The Wakefield Players – our community troupe with 2 excellent shows per year
- New Works Project – providing free dramaturgy for area playwrights, leading to presentations and workshops with TW and professional artists
- DocFest – eight years of the best of documentary films
- The TaDa! Festival (coming up the 1st weekend of September!) – a weekend multi-arts festival as part of Quebec”s English Language Arts Network’s Arts Alive!
- Heritage animation Projects
- Touring Professional shows – including the River Trilogy by Ian Tamblyn
- Theatre Wakefield Presents – importing shows from outside the area
Of special note, we are currently embarking on an ambitious project with Patrimoine Canada/Heritage Canada, to create an Arts and Culture Touring Network for the Outaouais region. This will enable arts groups to find a market for their shows locally and will encourage more professional touring shows from outside through access to a variety of venues.
Anyone with passion, skills and a willingness to put in a few hours each month is encouraged to contact us as soon as possible as we have our AGM coming on 04 Oct 2018 and would like to present a slate of new leaders at that time. Please contact us at [email protected].