This position is available through the Ontario Job Creation Partnership Program (OJCP). The OJCP program is designed to provide work experience opportunities to those who have established an Employment Insurance (regular) benefit claim within the last three years, or to those that established a maternity/parental leave Employment Insurance claim within the last five years and are returning to the workforce. For more information about OJCP: http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/
This is a 30 hour per week position.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Only those candidates who meet the JCP criteria will be contacted for an interview
DESIRED CONTRACT LENGTH : 26 weeks
START DATE : ASAP
END DATE : Approved to government fiscal year end March 31, 2018 with the possibility to be approved the full 26 weeks pending Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year JCP application and approval from the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development
JOB SUMMARY : Assists in the planning, development and presentation of the festival.
REPORTING : Reporting to, and directly supervised by the festival Executive Director
- Supports the festival Executive Director by scheduling and confirming appointments, meetings, calls, etc. and taking notes at meetings as required.
- Manages festival office including mail and other material, queries, calls, messages, records, research materials and co-ordinates the flow of information internally.
- Prepares, edits and proofreads festival policy, guidelines, correspondence, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material.
- Prepares or arranges for event reports and data analysis as required.
- Maintains an inventory of all promotional materials.
- Assists with festival marketing plan, press releases, promotional advertising and media management prior to and during the festival.
Program and Event Support:
- Liaise with activity partners before, after and during festival to ensure support and compliance as required.
- May be tasked with other related duties as they arise.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED :
- Knowledge and understanding of the organization’s purpose, goals, and objectives;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizing and problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Educational background in event planning, communications or marketing an asset;
- Works well under pressure, Self-motivated, Teamwork, Flexibility;
- Bilingualism an asset
INDUSTRY CONTACTS :
- Key community, media and business leaders, Festival leads, staff, volunteers, suppliers, participants and vendors