This position is available through the Job Creation Partnership Program, offered in partnership with Employment Ontario. The Job Creation Partnership program is designed to provide those receiving Employment Insurance benefits (or those with reach back status) work experience opportunities needed to acquire more marketable skills to help them find future employment.
POSITION: TS1 – Assistant Festival Coordinator
CONTRACT LENGTH: 26 weeks
START DATE: March 28, 2016
END DATE: For set weeks
OB SUMMARY: Works with the Artistic Producer, the Administrator and the Communications Officer in supporting the development and execution of the event.
REPORTING: Artistic Producer
RESPONSIBILITIES: Works along with the Artistic Producer in the following functions:
- Production Scheduling
- Community Outreach
- Volunteer coordination
- Program design
- Assist in the implementation of all communication strategies
- Coordinate all public relations activities with the media
- Implement social media activities
- Assist the Director to prepare a final report on the project and make recommendations for the next festival
- All other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and to establish work priorities
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and to work under pressure
- Possess good communication skills
- Possess good leadership skills
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise effectively with a range of clients including children, adults and seniors
- Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends
- Must have basic Word and Excel skills; a familiarity with Adobe InDesign and with WordPress are desired
- Strong attention to detail
- Performers, Board of Directors, Team Members, Sponsors, Volunteers and the local community.
TO APPLY: Forward CV to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here.