POSITION: Volunteer Coordinator – Summer Student (2 positions of 8 weeks duration)
DATE/PAY: Various, to be negotiated/$15 per hour
JOB SUMMARY: Plans, prepares and supervises the CUF volunteer program, assists with the administration of staff matters and assist in presentation of the 2018 Capital Ukrainian Festival.
- Develops, populates and maintains volunteer spreadsheet.
- Promotes and encourages volunteer participation through various platforms, programs and other communications.
- Plans and delivers volunteer training and education through means such as preparing a hand-out pamphlet, organizing/delivering pre-festival briefing(s), responding to queries, etc.
- Assigns volunteer groupings, tasks and shifts during set-up, the festival, and tear-down.
- Directly and indirectly supervises overall volunteer placement, shift schedules and determines contingency plans for optimal coverage including consideration of the safety, skills and well-being of volunteers.
- Conducts research on matters related to compliance issues for CUF staff and volunteers.
- Assists with the preparation of various volunteer festival policies and guidelines.
- Contributes to event reports and analysis.
- Assists with the administration of staff and participants.
- Liaises with Activity Leads and external agencies to ensure support and compliance as required.
- Supports activity partners during set up/take down and during the festival.
- May be tasked with other administrative duties as they arise.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge and understanding of the organization’s purpose, goals, and objectives;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizing and problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel;
- Educational background/experience in human resources an asset;
- Works well under pressure, Self-motivated, Teamwork, Flexible;
- Bilingualism an asset
PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Between 15 and 30 years of age, registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a person to whom refugee status has been conferred for the duration of employment
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be entitled to work in Canada in accordance with provincial regulations.
TO APPLY: Candidates should submit their CV along with a covering letter stating why they qualify to [email protected] before May 30, 2018.
Accommodation of persons with disabilities are available on request throughout