Administrative Assistant & Events Coordinator
POSITION: Summer Student – Administrative Assistant & Events Coordinator
(3 positions of 8 weeks duration)
DATE/PAY: Various, to be negotiated/ $15 per hour
JOB SUMMARY: Assists in the planning, development and presentation of the 2018 Capital Ukrainian Festival.
- Supports the CUF Executive Director and functional Leads by scheduling and confirming appointments, meetings, calls, etc. and taking notes at meetings as required.
- Performs office functions including mail and other material, queries, calls, messages, records, research materials and co-ordinates the flow of information internally.
- Prepares, edits and proofreads festival policy, guidelines, correspondence, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material.
- Prepares or arranges for reports and data analysis as required.
- Maintains an inventory of materials.
- Assists with festival marketing, press releases, promotional advertising prior to and during the festival.
- Liaises with activity partners before, after and during festival to ensure support and compliance as required.
- May be tasked with other related duties as they arise.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge and understanding of the organization’s purpose, goals, and objectives;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizing and problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Works well under pressure, Self-motivated, Teamwork, Flexibility;
- Bilingualism an asset
PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Between 15 and 30 years of age, registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a person to whom refugee status has been conferred for the duration of employment
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be entitled to work in Canada in accordance with provincial regulations.
TO APPLY: Candidates should submit their CV along with a covering letter stating why they qualify to [email protected] before May 30, 2018.
Accommodation of persons with disabilities are available on request throughout