Summer Outreach Ambassadors (3)
Canada Summer Jobs
Ottawa Festival Network
The Ottawa Festival Network/Le Réseau des festivals d’Ottawa, a not for profit member based service organization is seeking 3 Student Ambassadors. In this position you will have an opportunity to learn from, and collaborate with, a depth of expertise in the exciting festival industry. Our team works hard, learns from one another and are all committed to having positive impact on the social and economic development of our industry.
Length of Employment: 12 weeks
Anticipated Start Date: May 27 or Jun 3 (2019)
Remuneration: $14.00 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
Hours of Work: 35 Hours per week – schedules will vary week to week while attending festival events
Acting as a festival outreach ambassador, students will promote and position Ottawa as Canada’s Festival Capital – an exciting place for residents and visitors! Key responsibilities include:
- Attending Ottawa’s festivals, fairs and special events, capturing and sharing moments through social media – acting as a virtual concierge and ambassador for the festival industry
- Coordinating and running special activities at member festivals and special events, engaging visitors and promoting the industry
- Eligible to participate in the Canada Summer Jobs program (servicecanada.gc.ca)
- Students enrolled in or graduated from a public relations, marketing, communications, events management program or a similar field of study
- Oral proficiency in English, French or other languages are considered as assets
- Creativity, energetic, engaging, personable and friendly are MUST have’s
- Articulate and comfortable dealing with the public
- Reliable and flexible with a can do attitude
- At least one year customer service experience
Nice to Have:
- Someone passionate about the festivals and arts community
Scheduling, Location, Other Information:
- Must be comfortable working outdoors in varying summer conditions
- Students will work 35 hours per week scheduled between 9:00am-9:00pm, weekends and holidays included
Join our team!
If you have the skills and experience outlined above, a desire to make a difference for our network and city, forward your résumé and covering letter to [email protected].
Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.