Student Ambassadors 2019
Canada Summer Jobs Program
Ottawa Festivals d’Ottawa, a not-for-profit festival industry service organization, is seeking two Student Ambassadors. In this position you will promote our exciting local festival industry to visitors alongside some of our valued local partners. Our team works hard, learns from one another and are all committed to having positive impact on the social and economic development of Ottawa’s 100+ festivals, fairs and special events.
Length of Employment: 7 Weeks
Anticipated Start Date: July 9, 2018
Remuneration: $14.00 per hour
Hours of Work: 32 Hours per week – varying schedules week to week
As a festival ambassador, students will promote and position Ottawa as Canada’s Festival Capital – an exciting place for residents and visitors! Key responsibilities include:
- Promoting Ottawa’s festivals, fairs and special events to local visitors and tourists in the Ottawa ByWard Market, alongside the ByWard Market BIA summer student ambassador team
- Engaging visitors, helping them capture their visitor memories in the York Street Plaza
- Conducting ByWard Market walk-abouts and walking tours
- Supporting animations or performances by festival artists
- Support measurement of the tourist experience in the York Street Plaza
- Eligible to participate in the Canada Summer Jobs program (servicecanada.gc.ca)
- Passionate about local festivals
- Students enrolled in a hospitality/tourism, public relations, marketing, communications, events management program or a related field of study
- Oral proficiency in English and French is a MUST; having other language skills is a definite asset
- Energetic, engaging, personable and friendly are also MUST have’s
- A strong team-player, articulate and comfortable dealing with the public
- Reliable, flexible, self-motivated with a “can-do” attitude
- At least two years customer service experience
Scheduling, Location, Other Information:
- Must be comfortable working outdoors in varying summer conditions for long periods of time
- Students will work 32 hours per week scheduled between 9:00am-9:00pm, weekends and holidays included
- Students may be working downtown and at some festival and event locations
Join our team!
If you have the skills and experience outlined above, a desire to make a difference for our network and city, forward your résumé and covering letter to [email protected].
Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.