POSITION : SS2 – Communications and Media Coordinator
CONTRACT LENGTH : Desired 26 weeks
START DATE : January 29, 2018
END DATE: Approved to government fiscal year end March 31, 2018 with the possibility to be approved the full 26 weeks pending Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year JCP application and approval from the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development; Desired end date: July 27, 2018
JOB SUMMARY: Assist with coordination and implementation of social media, PR, website updates; support design and distribution of print and online marketing tools.
This position is available through the Ontario Job Creation Partnership Program (OJCP). The OJCP program is designed to provide work experience opportunities to those who have established an Employment Insurance (regular) benefit claim within the last three years, or to those that established a maternity/parental leave Employment Insurance claim within the last five years and are returning to the workforce. For more information about OJCP: http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/
This is a 30 hour per week position.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Only those candidates who meet the JCP criteria will be contacted for an interview
REPORTING: Reporting to and working directly under supervision of the Executive Director and the Festival’s Media Relations Company.
- Curate relevant content and images for all Festival programming and artists. Utilize content to populate website and social media on weekly basis;
- Develop and expand community and/or blogger outreach efforts, advocating in Social Media spaces;
- Oversee/update social media content and design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, and any blogs). Also update content and images on websites (using WordPress);
- Interact with social media users: Develop a strategy and implement a proactive process for capturing customer online reviews and creating opportunities for user generated content surrounding the Festival;
- Support the design and distribution of key marketing and communication materials for schools, organizations and public audiences as required;
- Assist Media/PR firm to coordinate interviews with Festival artists and organizers as required. Support Media/PR firm in hosting onsite media and capturing images and video of all Festival events;
- Excellent phone, interpersonal and customer service skills with proactive/flexible nature with the ability to problem solve with excellent organizational skills and detail oriented;
- Assist with all other related duties to provide support to all event staff in execution of their duties.
SKILLS REQUIRED :
- High School Diploma and/or higher level of education with savy social media knowledge – knowledge and experience in social media marketing incl. blogging, proficient in content marketing theory and application. Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress and design softwares such as the Adobe package.
- Excellent creative writing skills, strong computer skills/knowledge of office programs and software (Google Docs, Microsoft); Strong written, verbal skills – proofreading skills to produce accurate and high quality work;
- Ability to work under pressure and on various projects – independently, limited supervision and in a team; Strong time management skills – deadline oriented and able to establish realistic time frames for deadlines;
- Valid driver’s license and French language skills are assets, but not required
Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.