This position is available through the Ontario Job Creation Partnership Program (OJCP), offered in partnership with Employment Ontario. The OJCP program is designed to provide work experience opportunities to those who have received regular Employment Insurance benefits within the last three years, or to those that received maternity/parental leave Employment Insurance benefits within the last five years. More information about OJCP can be found at http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/.
To Apply: Forward CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 613.233.3134. Please state in your application how you meet OJCP eligibility.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 20 Weeks
START DATE: May 29, 2017
END DATE: October 13, 2017
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports directly to and works under the supervision of the festival manager.
PRE & POST FESTIVAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performing general administration procedures on a day-to-day basis;
· Compiling and organizing artist and venue contracts;
· Administering ticket sales and responding to general inquiries;
· Regularly updating the festival website and social media pages;
· Organizing information pertaining to grants.
- Excellent interpersonal/people skills;
- Strong detail, organizational and administrative skills;
- Strong trouble-shooting and conflict resolution skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, public speaking experience an asset;
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, and meet deadlines in a busy environment;
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team;
- Interest in community engagement initiatives, specifically in relation to volunteer recruitment;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office – specifically Microsoft Word and Excel.
- 2 years administrative experience;
- Bilingualism an asset;
- Some heavy lifting will be required.
The Festival is committed to building an inclusive workforce reflecting the demographics of a Canadian society. The organization has also developed policies and procedures in order to ensure a barrier-free selection process and workplace.