Propeller Dance is looking for a Digital Engagement Coordinator to join our highly creative and collaborative team. The Coordinator will enable and increase engagement in Propeller’s exciting creation and performance projects for 2017.
Term: Six months – 20 hours/week for up to 25 weeks (to mid-Sept, 2017)
Rate: $24.00/hour ($12,000)
Application Deadline: Wed, Feb 22, 2017
The overall goal for Propeller’s digital engagement initiatives is to propel the field of inclusive and accessible performance, and dance-theatre in general, into a new sphere by developing and using digital resources to reach, teach and engage a wider community.
Digital engagement is one component of a much larger, innovative year-long project that will include a variety of activities/digital tools to enable fuller accessible and inclusive engagement for both audiences and performers, in theatre as well as site-specific public settings.
The project is created and directed by Renata Soutter, Co-Artistic Director/Choreographer of Propeller in collaboration with the Propeller Company dancers, and is being presented by GCTC in association with the NAC Canada Scene.
The Digital Engagement Coordinator will:
- Research, source services and coordinate access to a variety of accessible engagement tools, including performance live-streaming, sign-language interpretation, audio description and Braille program translation
- Coordinate marketing and communications to boost awareness of opportunities for audience engagement through digital viewing of performances, creative in-process vlogs, social media links, etc.
- Create, manage and schedule marketing-related activities to generate momentum and community energy leading up to site-specific performances
- Schedule and coordinate use of video for discussion and critique of work, in creation and in performance
- Develop and implement a targeted marketing campaign for potential audiences who cannot attend live performances due to mobility or other access issues
- Leverage the potential for Propeller’s online followers to “spread the word” about Propeller and its work in building a more inclusive arts world – edit images, live-tweet, update video content, write posts, etc.
- Monitor and track social media using Google Analytics to create reports
- Provide additional support to administration and organizational development as required
- Post-secondary education in and/or experience in digital marketing
- Excellent written communications skills – bilingual English/French strongly preferred
- Proficiency in image and video editing, web publishing (WordPress), Google Analytics, Google Docs
- Strong understanding of, and an active use of, social media and other digital communications tools
- A creative flair for conceptual thinking, grounded by proven project management skills
- The ability to work collaboratively, and to prioritize, schedule and coordinate work across multiple projects
- Experience in, or interest and willingness to learn about, inclusive art-making and the needs of disabled performers and audience members
- Assets include a love of the performing arts and an appreciation of dance-theatre
Interested? Please submit a resume and cover letter, with Subject: APPLICATION: Coordinator, no later than Wed, Feb 22, 2017 to: [email protected]