Part-time, contract position
Salary: 30 hours per week at $16/hour
Period: Tuesday, Sept. 4, 2018 to February 1, 2019 (incl. two week unpaid over winter holidays)
Arts Network Ottawa knows how the Arts build strong communities. For more than 30 years, we have collaborated with communities to promote the creative, social and economic benefits of local Arts and will continue to do so. We provide an informed voice for a bilingual network, across the Ottawa region, of over 400 artists, cultural workers and arts organizations. As an arts service organization, we are an essential connection to opportunities, resources, programs and partnerships that advance careers and the sustainability of Ottawa’s arts community.
Arts Network Ottawa is offering an internship opportunity for a Program Coordinator Intern with support from Young Canada Works. The intern will assist managers in the coordination of new initiatives and ongoing programs that address the needs of the Network’s membership and the overall local arts community in Ottawa. The projects include: training in arts entrepreneurship skills, CPAMO Ottawa Network (Cultural Pluralism in the Arts Movement Ontario), SpaceFinder, support for the Artpreneur Ottawa Conference, Young Arts Leaders Collective, and West Arts programs.
- University or College Diploma preferably in the areas of arts administration or a specific discipline (Visual Art, Multimedia, Theatre, Music)
- Communication skills in both official languages (oral and written)
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Basic writing and editing for promotional applications and basic knowledge and use of social media platforms
- Capable of working independently and a commitment to a team environment
- Strong people skills and the ability to adapt and work with others
- Basic experience with arts event management and online tools
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks to timely and effective completion
- Be eligible for the Young Canada Works Internship program (recent university or college graduates, legally entitled to work in Canada between the ages of 16 and 30)
Closing Date: Monday, July 23, 5 p.m.
To obtain further information about Arts Network Ottawa, please visit www.artsoe.ca.
To apply please send your resume and covering letter by e-mail to [email protected] or by mail to 245 Centrum Blvd., Suite 260, Ottawa, ON K1E 0A1 – Attention: Executive Director.
Arts Network Ottawa is an equal opportunity employer with a main office at the Shenkman Arts Centre. Our work is guided by these principles: respect for artists, integrity, inclusiveness, engagement and collaboration. Individuals from under-represented communities are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Arts Network Ottawa recognizes that the City of Ottawa was built on unceded Algonquin Anishinaabe Territory. We also recognize the diversity of Ottawa’s residents and both official languages.
Non-profit registered charitable organization: 12177 7023 RR0001. www.artsoe.ca