This position is available through the Ontario Job Creation Partnership Program (OJCP), offered in partnership with Employment Ontario. The OJCP program is designed to provide work experience opportunities to those who have received regular Employment Insurance benefits within the last three years, or to those that received maternity/parental leave Employment Insurance benefits within the last five years. More information about OJCP can be found at http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/.
TO APPLY: Forward CV to [email protected] or fax to 613.233.3134. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in the email and/or cover letter.
CONTRACT LENGTH : 26 Weeks
START DATE : ASAP
END DATE : For Set Weeks
JOB SUMMARY : Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Director of Communications, the Corporate Membership Coordinator and the Membership Services Coordinator, the participant will work to support the marketing, communication, development and execution of several key member and networking event projects as well as support ongoing communication and marketing activities.
REPORTING : Reporting to the supervision of the Executive Director
- Supports the coordination of OFN flagship events including Momentum 613, FestConnects, Holiday Social, and the Professional Development program. Activities may include, designing invitations and other marketing material, maintaining invitation lists, and working social media platforms, logistics, venue and food coordination and on-site set up and tear-down activities
- Supports stakeholder relations meetings by researching contacts, making appointments, collecting and providing logos, updating lists
- Supports member industry research projects by completing administrative tasks to collect and present findings
- Assist with the membership data collection to populate information and/or the website using a CMS system
- Works with OFN’s communication team to ensure a timely communication plan activities are implemented through OFN’s channels (newsletters, social media, etc.)
- May be tasked with other related duties as they arise
SKILLS REQUIRED :
- Superior writing, editing and organization skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be able to meet deadlines, take initiative and work well within a team
- Experience in graphic design software is considered a strong asset
- Some event or project management experience would be an asset
- Background in a membership organization is an asset
- French communication skills would be an asset
INDUSTRY CONTACTS :
- Board of Directors
- Festival Directors, staff and volunteers
- Representatives from the local community
Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.