OF1 – Communications Assistant- Ottawa Festival Network
Desired Contract Length: 26 weeks
Start Date: January 27, 2020
End Date: Term approved to the Province of Ontario’s current fiscal year end, March 31, 2020. Desired additional weeks, ending July 24, 2020, is pending the approval of Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year (2020-2021) JCP program application to the Province.
Work Schedule: 4 business days per week (32 hours)
Work Location: Westboro
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Director or Research and Communications, the Communications Assistant will support the execution of Ottawa Festival Network communication program.
- Create and upload posts on social media, coordinate an Instagram UGC strategy
- Develop content for the Ottawa Festivals website and to support advocacy campaign
- Work with the Membership Coordinator to collect and compile member information for the annual festival program guide
- Coordinate content and updates for the online calendar
- Research, collect and write content for the OFN member newsletter
- Other related projects, promotion and marketing assignments as required
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- College or university graduate in marketing, public relations, journalism, and/or communications
- Savvy social media skills
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills including: Microsoft Office Suite and knowledge of photo editing software
- French communication skills, previous marketing experience and/or graphic design skills are assets
Additional Qualifications Required:
Eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario.
- You are not a full time student (part time students are eligible).
- You are not leaving employment to participate (working less than an average of 20 hrs/week is considered unemployed.
- You also must meet, and provide documentation for, at least one of the following criteria:
- Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten calendar years and earned income in excess of $2000 in each year, OR
- Previously established an Employment Insurance benefit claim (regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years).
$560 (gross per week) provided by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please visit: http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/. Accommodations are considered upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.