MB8 – Volunteer Coordinator Assistant – Music and Beyond
Contract Term: 26 Weeks
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: For Set Weeks
Summary: Supports the Volunteer Coordinator in all capacities required or needed, including as on-site coordinator for events/concerts.
Office Location: Byward Market
Job Responsibilities: Reports to the Volunteer Coordinator
- Maintain volunteer information as requested by the Volunteer coordinator, including but not limited to: contact information, schedules, needs and requirements
- Support volunteers in preparation for the festival
- Attend and support facilitation of any and all volunteer recruitment and training
- Assemble and distribute welcome packages for volunteers
- Responsible for assemblage, distribution, and collection of production kits for concerts and events
- On-site coordinator to support volunteers and staff at events and concerts as needed
- Other administrative duties as requested by, and in support of, the Volunteer Coordinator
- Collaborate with the Volunteer Coordinator to develop and implement new ideas to recruit, retain and appreciate the organizations volunteers
Who are you?
- You have excellent interpersonal skills
- You have strong written and communication skills in English required, strong verbal and written skills in French as an asset
- You have proficiency in MS Office, especially MS Word, and MS Excel
- You are able to work under pressure and on various projects simultaneously and autonomously
- You are able to demonstrate a high-level of initiative, are resourceful, tactful, mature and self-motivated
- You are eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnerships (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario
- You are not a full time student (part time student is allowable)
- You are not leaving employment to participate; you can continue with part time work up to 20 hrs/week
- You are not leaving employment to participate in the program; currently working less than an average of 20 hrs/week is considered unemployed
- You also must meet at least one of the following criteria:
a) You have been previously employed in Canada and contributed to the Employment Insurance Premium program via employee payroll deductions (part time or full time for any number of weeks per calendar year) for at least 5 of the last 10 years (the 5 years do not need to be consecutive); OR
b) You have previously established an Employment Insurance (E.I.) benefit claim (regular benefits) with Service Canada within the last three years, OR
c) You have previously established an Employment Insurance maternity/parental leave Employment Insurance benefit claim within the last five years.
What is offered?
Program participants are offered positions of 30 hours per week (4 days per week) and are provided a payment of $423 per week ($14.10 per hour) by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.