This position is available through the Ontario Job Creation Partnership Program (OJCP), offered in partnership with Employment Ontario. The OJCP program is designed to provide work experience opportunities to those who have received regular Employment Insurance benefits within the last three years, or to those that received maternity/parental leave Employment Insurance benefits within the last five years. More information about OJCP can be found at http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/.
TO APPLY: Please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. You must clearly state in your application how you meet JCP eligibility.
Only those candidates who meet the JCP criteria will be contacted for an interview.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 26 weeks
Start Date : ASAP
End Date: For Set Weeks
JOB SUMMARY: Supports the Operation Manager and the Administrative Assistant with various administrative and ticketing responsibilities.
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager and/or the Executive Director depending on the project
- Assists with the processing of ticket and pass sales
- Assists with the ticket and pass inventory control
- Works with the Administrative Assistant to maintain relationships with existing community contacts
- Updates, maintains and suggests areas of improvement with the existing community contact database
- Helps to ensure all required logos are on the website and visible in print and online materials
- Assists with administrative tasks that support the marketing a media campaigns
- Assists with the volunteer coordination program
- All other related projects as they arise
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail oriented and a strong team player
- Self-starter who can work independently
- Ability to prioritize and react quickly to schedule changes due to unforeseen circumstances
- Experience with MS Office
- Event planning experience is an asset
- French skills are an asset
- Staff, Board of Directors, Sponsors and Volunteers; Performing Artists
- Various Ottawa businesses (catering firms, Ottawa Special Events, etc.)
Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.