MB4 –Volunteer Coordinator – Music and Beyond
Desired Contract Length: 26 weeks
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
End Date: After 26 weeks
Work Schedule: Full time (32 hours per week)
Location: Byward Market
Job Summary: Reporting to the Administration Manager and Executive Director, depending on the project, The Volunteer Coordinator will organize, train, and liaise with volunteers as they support festival programming, including duties as on-site coordinator for events/concerts
- Maintain volunteer information including but not limited to: contact information, schedules, needs and requirements
- Liaise and train volunteers in preparation for the festival
- Prepare and facilitate any and all volunteer recruitment and existing and new training and related training materials
- Assemble and distribute welcome packages for volunteers
- Responsible for assemblage, distribution, and collection of production kits for all concerts and events
- On-site coordinator to support volunteers and staff at events and concerts as needed
- Other administrative duties as requested by, and in support of, the Administrative Manager
- Collaborate to develop and implement new ideas to recruit, retain and appreciate the organizations volunteers
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to demonstrate a high-level of initiative
- Strong written and communication skills in English required, strong verbal and written skills in French an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially MS Word, and MS Excel
- Able to work under pressure and on various projects simultaneously and autonomously
- Able to demonstrate a high-level of initiative
- Resourceful, tactful, mature, self-motivated
Additional Qualifications Required:
Eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario.
- You are not a full time student (part time students are eligible).
- You are not leaving employment to participate (working less than an average of 20 hrs/week is considered unemployed.
- You also must meet, and provide documentation for, at least one of the following criteria:
1) Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten calendar years and earned income in excess of $2000 in each year, OR
2) Previously established an Employment Insurance benefit claim (regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years).
$17.50 per hour for 32 hours per week / 4 days per week – $560 (gross per week) provided by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please visit: http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/. Accommodations are considered upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.