MB3 – Special Project Assistant – Music and Beyond
Desired Contract Length: 26 weeks
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
End Date: After 26 weeks
Work Schedule: Full time (32 hours per week)
Location: Byward Market
Job Summary: Reporting to the Administrative Manager and Executive Director, depending on the project, the Special Projects Coordination Assistant, with help with the planning and administration of any special projects taking place throughout Music and Beyond’s summer festival.
- Assisting with the planning of events for the summer festival with concentration on the following:
- Volunteer Training and Appreciation event
- Special reception after the John Rutter performance
- The Ottawa Family Music Expo – a free event held during the festivals for families that includes many games, activities and programs for children of all ages
- Other special events in collaboration with other organizations (i.e. Music and Nature – a partnership with the Museum of Nature)
- Coordinate with the Administrative Manager to prepare logistical and operational timelines for projects
- In/With support of the Marketing & Media and Social Media Coordinators as needed for promotion of the above mentioned events
- In/With support of the Research Assistant, develop ideas and plans to better any programming, implementation and organization of the above mentioned events
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to ensure each event is sufficiently staffed
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong team player
- Strong written and communication skills in English, strong verbal and written skills in French an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially MS Word and MS Excel
- Able to work under pressure and on various projects simultaneously and autonomously
- Able to demonstrate a high-level of initiative; is detail oriented, resourceful, tactful, mature, self-motivated
- Event planning experience an asset
Additional Qualifications Required:
Eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario.
- You are not a full time student (part time students are eligible).
- You are not leaving employment to participate (working less than an average of 20 hrs/week is considered unemployed.
- You also must meet, and provide documentation for, at least one of the following criteria:
1) Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten calendar years and earned income in excess of $2000 in each year, OR
2) Previously established an Employment Insurance benefit claim (regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years).
$17.50 per hour for 32 hours per week / 4 days per week – $560 (gross per week) provided by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please visit: http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/. Accommodations are considered upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.