MB2 – Marketing and Media Coordinator – Music and Beyond
Desired Contract Length: 26 weeks
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
End Date: After 26 weeks
Work Schedule: Full time (32 hours per week)
Location: Byward Market
Job Summary: Reporting to the Administrative Manager and Executive Director, depending upon the project, will be responsible for the planning, creation, posting and distribution of marketing materials and blog posts to promote all Music and Beyond events. The coordinator will be also responsible for the communications with local and national media.
- Write press releases, coordinate media packages, and participate in media activities
- Pitch stories to the media and follow-up by organizing interviews and event coverage
- Work with the Artist Liaison to set up interviews with artists and promotional coverage for concerts and events
- Monitor advertising deadlines and work with the graphic designer on materials for submission
- Update the website to ensure all media coverage is online and current; assist with review/updating of website content and design
- Take initiative in recommending new marketing and advertising opportunities
- Explore, seek, develop and implement opportunities with other community organizations
- Create, acquire and manage published content (images, video, written, etc.)
- Plan, schedule and implement regular e-flyers sent to various recipient lists
- Work with the Social Media Coordinator to ensure branding, marketing and promotions are consistent for the events
- With collaboration of Research Assistant, research, schedule and implement appropriate blogs
- Develop a strategy and implement a proactive process for capturing online reviews from audience members and volunteers
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- College and/or or University education with training and/or previous experience in marketing, social media, public relations
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to demonstrate a high-level of initiative; resourceful, tactful, mature, self-motivated
- Strong written and communication skills in English required, strong verbal and written skills in French is an asset.
- Very strong computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Able to work under pressure and on various projects simultaneously and autonomously
- Experience with special events, WordPress, and/or graphics design applications are assets
Additional Qualifications Required:
Eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario.
- You are not a full time student (part time students are eligible).
- You are not leaving employment to participate (working less than an average of 20 hrs/week is considered unemployed.
- You also must meet, and provide documentation for, at least one of the following criteria:
1) Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten calendar years and earned income in excess of $2000 in each year, OR
2) Previously established an Employment Insurance benefit claim (regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years).
$17.50 per hour for 32 hours per week / 4 days per week – $560 (gross per week) provided by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please visit: http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/. Accommodations are considered upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.