MA2 – Communications Coordinator
CONTRACT LENGTH: 26 weeks
HOURS PER WEEK: 30 (4 days, 7.5 hours per day)
START DATE: October 1st, 2018
NOTE: This position is available through the Ontario Job Creation Partnership Program (JCP). The JCP program is an employment program offered to provide unemployed job seekers in Ontario with work experience to enhance their marketability. For more information about JCP please visit: http://www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/employers/jobCreation
JOB SUMMARY: Provide administrative and communications support to the festival team.
Office location: Somerset & Preston
REPORTING: Reporting to the Program Manager
- Developing schedule and content for all festival social media platforms
- Updating website
- Writing newsletters and other outgoing communications
- Maintaining database of festival assets
- Developing web and social assets
- Communicating with festival partners
- During festival: managing social media networks and posting regularly according to predetermined content schedule
- Post-festival: generating reports on marketing and web and social media insights; developing year-round communications and social media plan; grant-writing support
- Hours will increase in the few weeks leading up to the festival and during the festival event; time off in lieu is provided for overtime hours worked
- Other related tasks as assigned
SKILLS and QUALIFICATONS REQUIRED:
- Excellent organization skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite tools including Drive, Word, Docs, Excel, Sheets, and Forms;
- Strong understanding of social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter;
- Knowledge of Photoshop editing software;
- Knowledge of Squarespace website hosting platform is an asset but not required;
- Driver’s license at G-2 or G level is an asset but not required.
Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. In your cover letter, explain how you meet the JCP eligibility criteria. To learn more about JCP, please visit: http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/ or http://www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/employers/jobCreation.html.