LS2 – Marketing Coordinator – Latin Sparks Festival
Contract Term: Desired 26 Weeks Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Approved to the Province of Ontario’s current fiscal year end March 31, 2019. Desired additional weeks, ending July 5, 2019, is pending the approval of Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year (2019-2020) JCP application with the Province.
Summary: The Latin Sparks Festival™ is one of the largest Latin events in Canada gathering thousands of guests for a night of artistic entertainment, dance, food and culture. You will support the Event Manager in the planning, coordination, and execution of the festival.
Office Location: Westboro, Ottawa
- Support the Marketing Director in developing an overall marketing strategy.
- Opportunity to lead sub-components of the marketing strategy (which can include activations, contests on social media, creative content development, advertising partners, help develop email campaigns and more).
- Administrative tasks including taking meeting minutes, logging hours, and managing internal communication.
- Work alongside a team of graphic designers and video editors in developing creative content and promotional material on time and on budget.
- Support the development of content for social media (Facebook & Instagram).
- Conduct outreach and develop partnerships with community players that can provide cross promotional opportunities.
- Work with Marketing Director in creating post-event surveys to evaluate customer satisfaction and gather customer
Who are you?
- You’re well organized, self-disciplined, and a quick learner.
- You can multitask and have the ability to see the big
- You love to brainstorm and to break any restrictions on what is ‘possible’.
- You’re a hustler! And you’re not scared to get your hands dirty with hard work!
- You’re eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You’re a resident, living in Ontario
- You are not a full time student (attending school part time is allowable)
- You’re not leaving employment to participate; you can work a part time job of up to 20 hrs/week
- You also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten years and earned income in excess of $2000, OR
- Previously established a Service Canada Employment Insurance benefit claim: regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years
What is offered?
Incumbents are offered positions of 30 hours per week (4 days per week) and are provided a payment of $423 per week ($14.10 per hour) by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here