JA9 – Graphic Design Assistant 2 – 40th Year Anniversary Project – TD Ottawa Jazz Festival
Contract Term: 26 Weeks
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: For Set Weeks
Summary: The Graphic Design Assistant will help in the preparation of creative materials for print and web specifically highlighting the upcoming 40th anniversary of the festival. The position will report to the Executive Director and Director of Marketing.
Office Location: Downtown.
- Focusing on the 40th anniversary project, the graphic designer assistant will work with the marketing team to incorporate the approved look into all the Festival’s marketing material.
- Outputting designs and deliverables as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and qualifications required:
- Proficiency with WordPress, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign is mandatory.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects is an asset.
- Must have training or previous experience in graphic design or fine arts.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and perform under pressure.
- Must be eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario
- You are not a full time student (part time student is allowable)
- You are not leaving employment to participate; currently working less than an average of 20 hrs/week is considered unemployed
- You also must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Previously employed in Canada, paid into the employment insurance premium program through payroll deductions in any five of the last ten calendar years and earned income in excess of $2000 in each year, OR
- Previously established an Employment Insurance benefit claim (regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years)
Program participants are offered positions of 30 hours per week (4 days per week) and are provided a payment of $423 per week ($14.10 per hour) by the Province of Ontario.
To apply, forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview. Applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.