JA2 – Artist Liaison Assistant II – TD Ottawa Jazz Festival
Desired Contract Term: 26 Weeks
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
End Date: For Set Weeks
Summary: Assist the Executive Producer and Artistic Associate with all matters related to the artist management companies and artists who are engaged to perform at both the 11-day Festival and as part of year-round programming.
Office Location: Downtown
- Coordinate directly with artists, artist management and agents to acquire promotional images and biographical information for the Director of Marketing and Partnerships.
- Plan and execute travel itineraries and schedule artists for their various activities throughout the year.
- Design and implement the artists schedule; including travel itineraries, in town travel arrangements, hotel accommodation, and sound checks. Coordinate all back-line equipment needed and stage plots for all artists on all stages.
- Provide safe and efficient transportation for the artists.
- Learn to manage budgets related to artist’s fees, travel, and accommodations.
- Must be a team player who will oversee and administer the hospitality detailed in artist riders, including food preparation, presentation and clean-up.
- All other duties as assigned.
Who are you?
- You’re trained in marketing, public relations and/or special events; a college or university diploma/degree is an asset.
- You are computer literate and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You’re well organized and perform well under pressure.
- If you have hospitality experience, we’ll consider it as an asset.
- You must have a valid G driver’s license.
- You’re eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario
- You are not a full time student (part time student is allowable)
- You are not leaving employment to participate; you can continue with part time work up to 20 hrs/week
- You also must meet at least one of the following criteria:
– Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten years and earned income in excess of $2000, OR
– Previously established a Service Canada Employment Insurance benefit claim: regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years
What is offered?
Program participants are offered positions of 30 hours per week (4 days per week) and are provided a payment of $423 per week ($14.10 per hour) by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.