POSITION: JA2 – Artist Liaison Assistant II
This position is available through the Ontario Job Creation Partnership Program (OJCP). The OJCP program is designed to provide work experience opportunities to those who have established an Employment Insurance (regular) benefit claim within the last three years, or to those that established a maternity/parental leave Employment Insurance claim within the last five years and are returning to the workforce. For more information about OJCP: http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/
This is a temporary 30 hour per week position.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected] In your cover letter, explain how you meet the JCP eligibility criteria.
Only those candidates who meet the JCP criteria will be contacted for an interview.
DESIRED CONTRACT LENGTH: 26 weeks START DATE: ASAP
END DATE: Approved to government fiscal year end March 31, 2018 with the possibility to be approved the full 26 weeks pending Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year JCP application and approval from the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
Desired end date: July 27, 2018
JOB SUMMARY: Assist the Executive Producer and Artistic Associate with all matters related to the artist management companies and artists who are engaged to perform at both the 11-day Festival and as part of the year-round programming series.
REPORTING: Executive Producer, Artistic Associate
- Coordinate directly with artists, artist management and agents to acquire promotional images and biographical information for the Director of Marketing and Partnerships.
- Plan and execute travel itineraries and schedule artists for their various activities throughout the year.
- Design and implement the artists schedule; including travel itineraries, in town travel arrangements, hotel accommodation, and sound checks. Coordinate all backline equipment needed and stage plots for all artists on all stages.
- Provide safe and efficient transportation for the artists.
- Learn to manage budgets related to artist’s fees, travel, and accommodations.
- Must be a team player who will oversee and administer artist riders, including food preparation, presentation and clean-up.
- All other duties as assigned.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must have training or previous experience in marketing, public relations and/or special events.
- Must possess strong written and verbal skills. College or University degree is an asset.
- Must be able to meet deadlines, perform under pressure and delegate tasks (previous supervisory experience is an asset).
- Hospitality experience is an asset.
- Must have a valid G driver’s license
- Must be computer literate.