HP2 – Administrative and Project Support Officer – House of PainT
Desired Contract Length: 24 Weeks
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
End Date: After 24 weeks
Work Schedule: Full Time – 4 business days (32 hours per week)
Work Location: Westboro
Summary: Reporting to the Festival Coordinator, support the festival in an administrative capacity while taking on some special projects such as volunteer management.
- Answer telephone and email, redirecting and responding to general inquires
- Update and maintain general administrative files and mail
- Schedule, train, supervise and support volunteers
- Maintain the General Manager’s schedule, book meetings and meeting rooms, take minutes, file minutes
- Assisting in project planning as needed
- Participate in the implementation of health and safety practices in the office and program settings
- Work with the General Manager to support Programmers in delivering art-based programming
- Assist with program administration including preparation of program support materials, scheduling and evaluation
- Support development and implementation of strict policies and procedures for record keeping and internal communications
- Carry out other duties as needed to support the administration, development and success of the Festival and any applicable projects
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- College or university education in a relevant discipline
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Willing to work outdoors
- Proven leadership, strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational and time managements skills, detail oriented
- Knowledge of MS Office, Google Drive, Quickbooks, and Dropbox
- Energetic, enthusiastic and responsible individual
- Understanding of community development approaches and social-equity based principles
- Creative problem solving skills; knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting an asset
- Bilingual or multilingualism is an asset
- Knowledge of the arts sector is an asset
- G class Ontario Driver’s license (or equivalent) with clean abstract is an asset
Additional Qualifications Required:
Eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario.
- You are not a full time student (part time students are eligible).
- You are not leaving employment to participate (working less than an average of 20 hrs/week is considered unemployed.
- You also must meet, and provide documentation for, at least one of the following criteria:
1) Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten calendar years and earned income in excess of $2000 in each year, OR
2) Previously established an Employment Insurance benefit claim (regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years).
$17.50 per hour for 32 hours per week – $560 (gross per week) provided by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here.