HA 1 – Administrative Assistant – HOPE Volleyball SummerFest
Desired Contract Length: 26 Weeks
Anticipated Start Date: February 24, 2020
End Date: Term approved to the Province of Ontario’s current government fiscal year end, March 31, 2020. Desired additional weeks, ending, August 7, 2020 is pending the approval of Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year (2020-2021) JCP program application to the Province.
Work Schedule: Full Time – 4 business days (32 hours per week)
Work Location: Mooney’s Bay Area
Job Summary: Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant will provide various administrative and event management support to Big Rig Brewery presents HOPE Volleyball SummerFest
- Works closely with the management team to ensure a smooth operation of the office such as orders and maintains office supplies and equipment; liaises with maintenance personnel
- Frontline liaison with the public: via in person, web, telephone, electronic and paper correspondence; directs incoming visitors or inquires to the appropriate person where applicable
- Organizes and centralizes event material, maintains office filing system; assists with production and distribution of post event reports as well as other documents and policy manuals
- Assists the bookkeeper/treasurer with financial management of the festival including recording payables and receivables, maintains petty cash, receipts, budget tracking system
- Assists with fulfilling deliverables for sponsor contracts, prepares invoices and tracking of sponsors’ commitments, assists with production and distribution of thank you letters to sponsors, special guests, other VIP’s
- Coordinates the prize distribution pledge program, donation receipts, correspondence to charities
- Other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- At least one year experience in an office environment in a similar role
- Computer literate with strong and recent experience using MS Outlook, Word and Excel programs
- Ability to work under pressure and on various projects simultaneously and autonomously
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Additional Qualifications Required:
Eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario.
- You are not a full time student (part time students are eligible).
- You are not leaving employment to participate (working less than an average of 20 hrs/week is considered unemployed.
- You also must meet, and provide documentation for, at least one of the following criteria:
1) Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten calendar years and earned income in excess of $2000 in each year, OR
2) Previously established an Employment Insurance benefit claim (regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years
$17.50 per hour for 32 hours per week – $560 (gross per week) provided by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please visit: http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/. Accommodations are considered upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.