GO1 – Communications Assistant – Gardens Ottawa Promenade Project
Contract Term: 26 Weeks
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: For Set Weeks
Summary: Reporting to Program Manager, creates and curates the Garden Promenade website and social media platforms. Assists in developing marketing initiatives to promote Garden Promenade’s events. The position requires some onsite responsibilities while participating in the events.
Office Location: Festival House, Westboro
- Work with the festival team to create and curate content for the Promenade’s website and social media platforms
- Assist in the development of the Promenade’s program of activities
- Act as the communication point of contact for activity partners
- Facilitate communications with activity partners and participants
- Completes other program administrative duties to support the festival as needed
Who are you?
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have the ability to create content using words, photographs and video
- You are at ease using WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube
- You have good organizational and time management skills
- You work well under pressure and understands the importance of deadlines
- You have an education in communications, marketing, tourism or a related field
- You have knowledge of Ottawa-Gatineau neighbourhoods and attractions
- You’re flexible to adjust your schedule on occasion
- You might not be a garden expert but you enjoy them!
- If you have other languages that’s great, let us know!
- You are eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario
- You are not a full time student (part time student is allowable)
- You are not leaving employment to participate; you can continue with part time work up to 20 hrs/week
- You are not leaving employment to participate in the program; currently working less than an average of 20 hrs/week is considered unemployed
- You also must meet at least one of the following criteria:
a) You have been previously employed in Canada and contributed to the Employment Insurance Premium program via employee payroll deductions (part time or full time for any number of weeks per calendar year) for at least 5 of the last 10 years (the 5 years do not need to be consecutive); OR
b) You have previously established an Employment Insurance (E.I.) benefit claim (regular benefits) with Service Canada within the last three years, OR
c) You have previously established an Employment Insurance maternity/parental leave Employment Insurance benefit claim within the last five years.
Incumbents are offered positions of 30 hours per week (4 days per week) and are provided a payment of $423 per week ($14.10 per hour) by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here.