AB11 – Event Assistant and Festival Store Coordinator – Ottawa International Animation Festival
Contract Term: Desired 26 Weeks
START DATE: August 5, 2019
END DATE: January 31, 2020
Summary: The Ottawa International Animation Festival (OIAF) is one of the leading events of its kind in the world. It’s an annual five-day event with a total attendance of 28,000 attracting artists, producers, students and animation fans from around the world. As Event Assistant and Festival Store Coordinator, you will work with the OIAF Managing Director to coordinate the Festival boutique throughout the duration of the Ottawa International Animation Festival. Post-Festival, the position will entail growing the reach of the OIAF Shopify store and helping on all aspects of event organization.
Office location: The Arts Court – Byward Market Area
- Liaise with vendors
- Manage Festival store during the event and process merchandise sales
- Assist with running the online store
- Coordinate volunteers
- Assist with grant writing and reporting
- Expand and promote the OIAF online store
- Assist with media, communications,
Skills and Abilities
- MUST have spoken and written English; additional languages an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working with cash and sales
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to work in a busy environment
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office, database and Internet programs
- Knowledge of Quickbooks an asset
- You are eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnerships (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario
- You are not a full time student (part time student is allowable)
- You are not leaving employment to participate; you can continue with part time work up to 20 hrs/week
- You are not leaving employment to participate in the program; currently working less than an average of 20 hrs/week is considered unemployed
- You also must meet at least one of the following criteria:
a) You have been previously employed in Canada and contributed to the Employment Insurance Premium program via employee payroll deductions (part time or full time for any number of weeks per calendar year) for at least 5 of the last 10 years (the 5 years do not need to be consecutive); OR
b) You have previously established an Employment Insurance (E.I.) benefit claim (regular benefits) with Service Canada within the last three years, OR
c) You have previously established an Employment Insurance maternity/parental leave Employment Insurance benefit claim within the last five years.
Learning Opportunities and Additional Benefits
- Learn how an major international film festival runs by working behind the scenes.
- Take your retail management skills to the next level.
- Com courses on office software and other position related topics.
- Complimentary tickets and passes to the OIAF
Incumbents are offered positions of 30 hours per week (4 days per week) and are provided a payment of $423 per week ($14.10 per hour) by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.