EU1 – Media Assistant – European Union Film Festival
CONTRACT LENGTH: 26 weeks
ANTICIPATED START DATE: August 5, 2019
END DATE: For Set Weeks
JOB SUMMARY: The Media assistant will help with creating press releases and marketing materials to promote the European Union Film Festival.
REPORTING: This positions reports to the Executive Director and the Festival Programmer.
Assist the management team with:
- Reviewing films being screened at the festival
- Writing media releases
- Pitching stories to media outlets, and following up
- Researching participating filmmakers, organizations and embassies
- Contacting filmmakers for permission to grant interviews
- Securing high-resolution photographs
- Updating social networking sites and EUFF website
- Arranging press conferences
- Monitoring ad deadlines and working with graphic designer on materials
- Keeping electronic and hard-copy records of all media and marketing coverage
Skills, Qualifications and Other Requirements:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English; French and/or other languages are an asset
- Organized and able to consistently meet deadlines
- Knowledge of database software an asset
- Knowledge of InDesign and Adobe design suite an asset
- You are eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario
- You are not a full time student (part time student is allowable)
- You are not leaving employment to participate; you can continue with part time work up to 20 hrs/week
- You are not leaving employment to participate in the program; currently working less than an average of 20 hrs/week is considered unemployed
- You also must meet at least one of the following criteria:
a) You have been previously employed in Canada and contributed to the Employment Insurance Premium program via employee payroll deductions (part time or full time for any number of weeks per calendar year) for at least 5 of the last 10 years (the 5 years do not need to be consecutive); OR
b) You have previously established an Employment Insurance (E.I.) benefit claim (regular benefits) with Service Canada within the last three years, OR
c) You have previously established an Employment Insurance maternity/parental leave Employment Insurance benefit claim within the last five years.
Incumbents are offered positions of 30 hours per week (4 days per week) and are provided a payment of $423 per week ($14.10 per hour) by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here.