This position is available through the Ontario Job Creation Partnership Program (OJCP), offered in partnership with Employment Ontario. The OJCP program is designed to provide work experience opportunities to those who have received regular Employment Insurance benefits within the last three years, or to those that received maternity/parental leave Employment Insurance benefits within the last five years. More information about OJCP can be found at http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/.
TO APPLY: Forward CV to [email protected] or fax to 613.233.3134. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in the email and/or cover letter.
POSITION : EA1 – Client Services Assistant
CONTRACT LENGTH : 26 weeks START DATE : ASAP END DATE : For Set Weeks
JOB SUMMARY : Assist with the planning and execution of all aspects dealing with client services. These projects involve aspects of tourism, advertising, publications, events management, web content development and other tasks as required.
REPORTING : Reporting to the Executive Director and Programmer.
- Ensure appropriate logos are visible on the website
- Ensure that all logos are included and visible in print and online materials, such as the program guide
- Assists with administrative tasks supporting the marketing campaign
- Liaise with VIP’s during the festival to maintain good existing relationships
- Coordinate VIP and client signage and banners at the festival
- Greet VIP’s and festival attendees on site at the festival
- Assist the Programmer to ensure that all appropriate VIP passes have been ordered and email notifications have been sent
- Assist in the preparation of correspondence
- Prepare photo layouts for all festival reports
- Ensure that our Web Site Host has updated information for the Web Site, and assist with updates
- Clerical support
- Work with staff in different capacities as they arise
- Assist with the organization’s ongoing programming
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED :
- Education or employment background in special events management, communications, film studies or public relations
- Basic knowledge of local businesses
- Strong computer skills, including word processing, database and Internet programs
- Strong writing and communication skills in English; French and/or other languages an asset
- Ability to use InDesign and Adobe software is an asset
- Physically capable of working long hours, standing for long periods of time and lifting and carrying equipment (NB/ this is essential the week of the Festival)
INDUSTRY CONTACTS :
- Event planning professionals; Local caterers; Local venue managers
- Animation industry professionals
- Members of the media
Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $11.75 /hour