This position is available through the Ontario Job Creation Partnership Program (OJCP). The OJCP program is designed to provide work experience opportunities to those who have established an Employment Insurance (regular) benefit claim within the last three years, or to those that established a maternity/parental leave Employment Insurance claim within the last five years and are returning to the workforce. For more information about OJCP: http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/
This is a temporary 30 hour per week position.
TO APPLY: You must clearly state in your application how you meet OJCP eligibility.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Only those candidates who meet the JCP criteria will be contacted for an interview.
DESIRED CONTRACT LENGTH: Desired 26 Weeks START DATE: ASAP
END DATE: Approved to government fiscal year end March 31, 2018 with the possibility to be approved the full 26 weeks pending Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year JCP application and approval from the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
Desired end date: July 27, 2018
JOB SUMMARY: Working with the Volunteer Coordinator 2, coordinate all aspects of recruitment, orientation, communication, supervision and recognition of festival volunteers.
REPORTING: Reporting to and working directly under the supervision of the Director of Operations.
- Work closely with event staff and management to organize volunteer components before and during Festival weekend.
- Recruit (in addition to current list) volunteers to be used before, during and after the Festival.
- Research and attend local volunteer recruitment events; Update and manage online volunteer registration system.
- Ensure that all volunteer applicants have completed waiver of liability.
- Correspond with registered or potential volunteers and address all related inquiries.
- Liaise with all charity volunteer coordinators; Work with Festival staff and assess volunteer needs for each area of the Festival.
- Create, update and notify all volunteers of their schedule; update and distribute volunteer handbooks.
- Ensure police reference checks are completed by volunteers in the children’s area.
- Coordinate Volunteer Village procedures, supplies, set-up and dismantling onsite.
- Supervise all volunteer activity onsite; Coordinate and distribute all volunteer supplies for the Festival.
- Organize and facilitate volunteer orientation; Organize volunteer appreciation event that occurs after the Festival.
- Assist in Festival implementation phase by helping in site set-up and dismantle.
- Assist in the Festival evaluation and make recommendations with the submission of annual post-event report.
- Liaise with Board of Directors and other event staff as necessary; all other related duties, as required by event staff team.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or higher level of education.
- Computer literate with recent experience using MS Office programs; excellent phone skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and on various projects simultaneously and autonomously.
- Previous event experience is a definite asset; bilingualism (French & English) is an asset.
- Valid Driver’s license.
Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.