DB2 – Logistics Assistant – Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival
Contract Term: 26 Weeks
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: For Set Weeks
Summary: Reporting to the Director of Operations and Marketing will assist with the coordination and implementation of various community projects and events.
- Assist with event logistics and administrative duties associated with the Festival. Areas of assistance will include event logistics, customer/information service, data entry and analysis as well as coordination of exhibitors/concessionaires.
- Respond to general telephone, in person and electronic inquiries and/or forward to appropriate person.
- Work with the Operations Team to ensure required signage for planned activities/events is in stock or ordered.
- Assist with the transport of all storage items needed during the Festival and create post-festival inventory.
- Assist in Festival implementation phase by helping with onsite set-up and dismantling.
- Use computer word processing and spreadsheet software to prepare reports and required documents.
- Assist in the Festival evaluation and make recommendations with the submission of a post-event report.
- Liaise with Board of Directors and other event staff as necessary.
- All other related duties, as required by event staff team.
Who are you?
- You have a high school diploma or higher level of education.
- You’re computer literate and have recent experience using MS Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets.
- You work well under pressure and can handle various projects simultaneously and autonomously.
- You’re a people person.
- You have strong writing and spoken skills.
- A valid driver’s license is required for this position and you may be lifting things of up to 30lbs.
- If you have previous event management, database, administrative or customer service experience, let us know!
- You are eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnerships (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario
- You are not a full time student (part time student is allowable)
- You are not leaving employment to participate; you can continue with part time work up to 20 hrs/week
- You are not leaving employment to participate in the program; currently working less than an average of 20 hrs/week is considered unemployed
- You also must meet at least one of the following criteria:
– Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten years and earned income in excess of $2000, OR
– Previously established a Service Canada Employment Insurance benefit claim: regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years
What is offered?
Program participants are offered positions of 30 hours per week (4 days per week) and are provided a payment of $423 per week ($14.10 per hour) by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here.
Accommodations are available upon request for any candidate taking part in the selection process.