CI4 – Operations Assistant – Ottawa CityFolk Festival
Contract Term: 26 Weeks
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: For Set Weeks
Job Summary: Assist with operations projects related to onsite technical and operational support.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to and works directly under the supervision of the Director of Operation. Works with the Operations Manager, IT Manager and Accounting department on recurring duties such as tablet management, volunteer operations, & technological support.
- Responsible for assisting with collecting/applying payments in vendor database &, setting up tablet application.
- Assist with coordinating vendor logistics/setup and other logistics needs on-site as assigned.
- Post-festival: ensure payments are in and tracking is completed for 2019 season. Responsible for sourcing and acting as liaison for all food concessionaires, craft artisans and vendors.
- Work closely with suppliers and sponsors to ensure that contractual obligations are being met.
ON-SITE FESTIVAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with setting up on-site network administration, deployment, maintenance and of various network components;
- Work with on-site contractors to manage wireless and wired networks;
- Provide on-site support for all volunteer crew leaders, including admin tasks and logistics coordination;
- Coordinate operational on-site resources used with/by accounting department
Skills and Eligibility Required:
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Proven success multi-tasking in a high pressure environment
- Proven ability to think creatively and strategically
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, Google Apps & POS Systems
- You are eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnerships (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario
- You are not a full time student (part time student is allowable)
- You are not leaving employment to participate; you can continue with part time work up to 20 hrs/week
- You are not leaving employment to participate in the program; currently working less than an average of 20 hrs/week is considered unemployed
- You also must meet at least ONE of the following criteria:
a) You have been previously employed in Canada and contributed to the Employment Insurance Premium program via employee payroll deductions (part time or full time for any number of weeks per calendar year) for at least 5 of the last 10 years (the 5 years do not need to be consecutive); OR
b) You have previously established an Employment Insurance (E.I.) benefit claim (regular benefits) with Service Canada within the last three years, OR
c) You have previously established an Employment Insurance maternity/parental leave Employment Insurance benefit claim within the last five years.
What is offered?
Program participants are offered positions of 30 hours per week (4 days per week) and are provided a payment of $423 per week ($14.10 per hour) by the Province of Ontario.
CityFolk Festival is committed to building an inclusive workforce reflecting the demographics of a Canadian society. The organization has also developed policies and procedures in order to ensure a barrier-free selection process and workplace.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.