CI3 – Volunteer Services Assistant – CITYFOLK FESTIVAL
Contract Term: 26 Weeks
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: For Set Weeks
Job Summary: The Volunteer Services Assistant is responsible for administrative, planning and execution support for established programs and initiatives for CityFolk Volunteer Services. Occasional evenings and weekends are required pre-festival, candidate must be available throughout the festival.
Pre-Post Festival Responsibilities: Reports to and works under the supervision of the Manager of Volunteer Services.
- Become knowledgeable about festival norms, procedures and policies;
- Assist with planning volunteer logistics requirements;
- Consistently provide knowledgeable, empathetic services to volunteers via phone, email, walk in;
- Provide admin and meeting support for all crew leader and public meetings (set-up, minutes, hand-outs, etc.);
- Provide admin support /data entry/ editing duties for online volunteer management/registration system;
- Manage the collection of police records check submissions;
- Create, review and update shift schedules and test registration;
- Support the delivery of volunteer orientation, resource and training programs;
- Support volunteer appreciation initiatives such as post-fest volunteer appreciation party, and off season events;
- Support volunteer recruitment campaign by promoting volunteer opportunities at public and school fairs;
- Provide administrative support with volunteer service awards program and thank you/reference letters;
- Provide support for festival ticket sales;
- All other duties as assigned.
OnSite Festival Responsibilities:
- Assist with setting up onsite administrative office, and volunteer operation areas;
- Provide on-site support for all volunteer crew leaders, including admin tasks and logistics coordination;
- Supervise various on-site appreciation initiatives;
- Assist with volunteer registration process as required and liaise with volunteer check-in;
- All other duties as assigned.
Who are you?
- You have 2 years administrative experience; event and/or volunteer management experience is an asset
- You have excellent interpersonal/people skills; strong detail, organizational and administrative skills;
- You have strong trouble-shooting and conflict resolution skills;
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills, public speaking experience is an asset
- You have the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and meet deadlines in a busy environment
- You have the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- You have interest in community engagement initiatives, specifically in relation to volunteer recruitment
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office – specifically Microsoft Word and Excel.
- You have a Driver’s License; access to a reliable vehicle as an asset
- Being bilingual English-French is an asset
- You will be required to do some heavy lifting
- You are eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnerships (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario
- You are not a full time student (part time student is allowable)
- You are not leaving employment to participate; you can continue with part time work up to 20 hrs/week
- You are not leaving employment to participate in the program; currently working less than an average of 20 hrs/week is considered unemployed
- You also must meet at least one of the following criteria:
a) You have been previously employed in Canada and contributed to the Employment Insurance Premium program via employee payroll deductions (part time or full time for any number of weeks per calendar year) for at least 5 of the last 10 years (the 5 years do not need to be consecutive); OR
b) You have previously established an Employment Insurance (E.I.) benefit claim (regular benefits) with Service Canada within the last three years, OR
c) You have previously established an Employment Insurance maternity/parental leave Employment Insurance benefit claim within the last five years.
What is offered?
Program participants are offered positions of 30 hours per week (4 days per week) and are provided a payment of $423 per week ($14.10 per hour) by the Province of Ontario.
CityFolk Festival is committed to building an inclusive workforce reflecting the demographics of a Canadian society. The organization has also developed policies and procedures in order to ensure a barrier-free selection process and workplace.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.