CI2 – Graphic Design Coordinator – OTTAWA CITYFOLK FESTIVAL
Contract Term: 26 Weeks
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: For Set Weeks
Job Summary: Responsible for providing graphic design support to the festival’s administrative, marketing and sponsorship teams. Reports to and works directly under the supervision of the Director of Operations
- Design various promotional materials for the 2019 festival, including signage, brochures, daily grids, program, etc.
- Maintain and update the graphic design file organization
- Maintain and update the signage inventory
- Design and produce posters and advertisements for all off-season events
- Design and produce invitations and/or laminates to onsite sponsor events
- Prepare photo layouts for all festival reports
- Design Sponsor report templates
- Maintain folder of approved artists’ photos
- Design, update and coordination of other projects as required
- Liaise with printers to obtain quotes and arrange the printing of festival materials
Who are you?
- You have advanced knowledge of MS Office/Google Apps, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe PDF, Asana
- You create print-ready files
- You have strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- You have proven success multi-tasking in a high pressure environment
- You have proven ability to think creatively and strategically
- You have the ability to work independently as well as within a team
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
- If you are bilingual English/French, that is an asset
- You are eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnerships (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario
- You are not a full time student (part time student is allowable)
- You are not leaving employment to participate; you can continue with part time work up to 20 hrs/week
- You are not leaving employment to participate in the program; currently working less than an average of 20 hrs/week is considered unemployed
- You also must meet at least one of the following criteria:
a) You have been previously employed in Canada and contributed to the Employment Insurance Premium program via employee payroll deductions (part time or full time for any number of weeks per calendar year) for at least 5 of the last 10 years (the 5 years do not need to be consecutive); OR
b) You have previously established an Employment Insurance (E.I.) benefit claim (regular benefits) with Service Canada within the last three years, OR
c) You have previously established an Employment Insurance maternity/parental leave Employment Insurance benefit claim within the last five years.
What is offered?
Program participants are offered positions of 30 hours per week (4 days per week) and are provided a payment of $423 per week ($14.10 per hour) by the Province of Ontario.
CityFolk Festival is committed to building an inclusive workforce reflecting the demographics of a Canadian society. The organization has also developed policies and procedures in order to ensure a barrier-free selection process and workplace.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.