This position is available through the Ontario Job Creation Partnership Program (OJCP), offered in partnership with Employment Ontario. The OJCP program is designed to provide work experience opportunities to those who have received regular Employment Insurance benefits within the last three years, or to those that received maternity/parental leave Employment Insurance benefits within the last five years. More information about OJCP can be found at http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/.
TO APPLY: Forward CV to [email protected] or fax to 613.233.3134. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in the email and/or cover letter.
CONTRACT LENGTH: desired 26 Weeks
START DATE: ASAP
END DATE: Set weeks
JOB SUMMARY: Provide administrative support to the festival teams
REPORTING: Under the supervision of Executive Director this position supports and assists with festival and administration activities
- Answers the telephone and greets clients, visitors, exhibitors and suppliers
- Follows up with email requests such as requests for programs, tickets and other related items
- Assists with planning and executing various festival events including the pre-launch event including maintaining and managing the VIP and invitation lists, assists with venue and food set up, develops a registration system
- Creates social media updates to Facebook and Twitter;
- Assists the Publicity committee with online listings, editing content for communications and various other related tasks as assigned;
- Helps revise and maintain the website FAQs;
- Helps develop a volunteer handbook;
- Assists the festival team with the planning and executing of the main event: setting up the onsite office, managing the onsite office, managing the rental equipment, and assisting with take down
- Other related administrative tasks as assigned.
- Excellent Oral and Written English language skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Reliable and able to work diligently with a minimum of supervision;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel;
- French communication skills will be consider as an asset;
- Board of Directors, Team Members, Volunteers, Sponsors, Music Artists, Suppliers, VIPs and representatives from the local community.
Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.