CF1 – Festival Assistant – Almonte Celtfest
Position: CF1 – Festival Assistant
Organization: Almonte Celtfest
Desired Contract Term: 26 Weeks
Anticipated Start Date: February 25, 2019
End Date: Approved to the Province of Ontario’s current fiscal year end March 31, 2019. Desired additional weeks, ending August 23, 2019, is pending the approval of Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year (2019-2020) JCP program application to the Province.
Office Location: Almonte, Ontario.
Summary: Reporting to the Organizing Committee Representative and working collaboratively with the Committee and by liaising with sub-committee chairs, the incumbent will assist in the planning, development and presentation of the festival. Provide status reports regularly to Organizing Committee.
- Perform general office and administrative tasks such as managing email, filing, responding to festival inquiries and directing to appropriate committee members when necessary
- Order supplies as needed and prepare general correspondence
- Process all invoicing and maintain festival databases
- Organize and attend Committee meetings
- Track festival contracts (eg. performer, vendors, suppliers) ensuring distribution and filing
- Obtain and maintain performer publicity information
- Maintain inventory of all promotional materials (eg. signage, print).
- Distribute press releases and newsletters. Some social media and web posting
- Oversee the schedule for the festival mascot (Liam)
- Other related duties as required
Who are you?
- You have a winning personality!
- You have strong organizational and time management skills
- You have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills; tact, diplomacy, initiative, flexibility
- If you have previous event/festival experience let us know as this would be an asset
- If you have graphic design skills let us know as this would be an asset
- You are eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario
- You are not a full time student (part time student is allowable)
- You are not leaving employment to participate; you can continue with part time work up to 20 hrs/week
- You also must meet at least one of the following criteria:
– Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten years and earned income in excess of $2000, OR
– Previously established a Service Canada Employment Insurance benefit claim: regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years
What is offered?
Program participants are offered positions of 30 hours per week (4 days per week) and are provided a payment of $423 per week ($14.10 per hour) by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.