CF1 – Festival Assistant – Almonte Celtfest
Desired Contract Length: 26 Weeks
Anticipated Start Date: March 2, 2020
End Date: Term approved to the Province of Ontario’s current government fiscal year end, March 31, 2020. Desired additional weeks, ending, August 7, 2020 is pending the approval of Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year (2020-2021) JCP program application to the Province.
Work Schedule: Full Time – 4 business days (32 hours per week)
Work Location: Almonte, Ontario
Job Summary: Reporting to the Festival Co-Chairs daily. Working with Organizing Committee to coordinate, manage, develop, implement, and accomplish specific traditional and progressive elements of the Festival and its accompanying events throughout the duration of the contract. Work closely with each member of the committee to understand all aspects of the festival and gain a well-rounded experience in the planning and execution of a music festival. Works daily with co-chairs to accomplish general tasks and meets regularly with the entire planning group to provide status reports and updates.
- Perform general office and administrative tasks such as managing email and phone messages, filing contracts and general paperwork, responding to festival inquiries or directing them to appropriate committee members when necessary
- Order supplies and process invoices as needed
- Prepare general correspondence such as letters, thank you’s, proposals, contracts, requests etc.
- Attend all Committee meetings and take and process detailed minutes
- Maintain festival databases such as general contacts, suppliers, vendors, performers, donations, sponsors etc.
- Manage ticket sales and event registration when applicable
- Track festival contracts (eg. performer, vendors, suppliers) ensuring distribution and filing
- Obtain and maintain performer publicity information
- Maintain inventory of all promotional materials (eg. signage, print)
- Distribute press releases and newsletters; some social media posting may be requested
- Other related duties as required, or as specifically requested if the participant has a specific interest
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; tact, diplomacy, initiative, flexibility
Must be proficient with Word and Excel
- Previous event/festival experience would be an asset; experience in mass email distribution (MailChimp etc) is an asset
- French, spoken and/or written is an asset
Additional Qualifications Required:
Eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario.
- You are not a full time student (part time students are eligible).
- You are not leaving employment to participate (working less than an average of 20 hrs/week is considered unemployed.
- You also must meet, and provide documentation for, at least one of the following criteria:
1) Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten calendar years and earned income in excess of $2000 in each year, OR
2) Previously established an Employment Insurance benefit claim (regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years
$17.50 per hour for 32 hours – $560 (gross per week) provided by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.