This position is available through the Ontario Job Creation Partnership Program (OJCP), offered in partnership with Employment Ontario. The OJCP program is designed to provide work experience opportunities to those who have received regular Employment Insurance benefits within the last three years, or to those that received maternity/parental leave Employment Insurance benefits within the last five years. More information about OJCP can be found at http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. You must clearly state in your application how you meet JCP eligibility.
Only those candidates who meet the JCP criteria will be contacted for an interview.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 26 weeks
START DATE: ASAP
END DATE: For Set Weeks
LOCATION: Note that this position is located in Carp, Ontario.
JOB SUMMARY: Handles all aspects of office organization and coordinates box office ticket services, distribution and ticket printing.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: General Manager
- Answers telephones, redirect calls and responds to general inquiries
- Maintain and update voicemail system
- Design, implement and coordinates the box office tracking and distribution system
- Coordinate letters to Judges and their requirements
- Responsible for outgoing mail and courier
- Responsible for the maintenance and ordering of supplies for the photocopier and fax machine
- Update and maintain general administrative files
- All other duties as needed
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Good verbal and written communication
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Detail oriented
- Team player
- Bilingualism an asset
- Board of Directors, volunteers and staff
- Business associates and ticket outlets
- Representatives of the printing industry
- Cultural industry executives
Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.