CC3 – Box Office Assistant – Ottawa Children’s Festival de la Jeunesse – Contract Term
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Approved to the Province of Ontario’s current fiscal year end March 31, 2019. Desired additional weeks, ending August 23, 2019, is pending the approval of Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year (2019-2020) JCP program application to the Province.
Summary: Provide assistance to the Administrative Coordinator pertaining to ticket and membership sales, information calls, mail-outs, and on-site box-office duties.
Reporting to the Executive Producer and Box Office Coordinator,
- Answer the phones and provide information and sell tickets.
- Process purchases and print, mail and set aside for pick-up.
- Update and maintain the database.
- Complete all tasks necessary to operate the on-site and office box office.
- All other duties as assigned.
Who are you?
- You should have training or previous experience in administration and customer service.
- You must possess strong written and verbal skills in English, French as a strong asset.
- You must be able to meet deadlines and perform under pressure.
- You must be computer literate.
- You are eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario
- You are not a full time student (part time student is allowable)
- You are not leaving employment to participate; you can continue with part time work up to 20 hrs/week
- You are not leaving employment to participate in the program; currently working less than an average of 20 hrs/week is considered unemployed
- You also must meet at least one of the following criteria:
– Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten years and earned income in excess of $2000 in each year, OR
– Previously established a Service Canada Employment Insurance benefit claim: regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years
What is offered?
Program participants are offered positions of 30 hours per week (4 days per week) and are provided a payment of $423 per week ($14.10 per hour) by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.