CC2 – Operations Assistant – Ottawa Children’s Festival de la Jeunesse
Contract Term: 26 Weeks
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: For Set Weeks
Summary: Assists the Operations Manager to plan and execute the preparations of the festival site ensuring that the logistics for the venues are met such as: power, portable toilets, garbage, tents, furniture, radios, barricades, signage, concessions, first aid, security, permits, trailers, etc.
Reporting to the Executive Producer and the Operations Manager
- Deal with the physical aspects of setting up the festival site including ordering and setting up risers, barriers, fencing, any other physical item required to secure the park.
- Ensure that the equipment is properly maintained, stored and returned.
- Acquire the necessary permits and complete the paperwork necessary for securing the grounds, road closures, first aid, security, noise exemption, etc
- Ensure the fast turnaround of the site immediately after the festival to its original state.
- Inventory pageantry and infrastructure after the Festival and properly return festival items to storage or return to provider.
- Ensure venues are booked and prepared; begin research and prepare RFPs for potential suppliers for new season
- All other duties as assigned.
Who are you?
- You have strong organizational skills, excellent verbal and written skills.
- You must have a valid G level Driver’s license and CSA approved work boots
- NOTE: HEAVY LIFTING IS INVOLVED: this is a very physical job and will need a candidate who is in good physical health and capable of lifting (50-100 lbs), for extended periods of time and who can withstand long periods on their feet either standing/walking, lifting, assembling infrastructure or other physical labour prior to, during and after the festival. This position is supported by a team of employees and volunteers who will be undergoing similar physical demands.
- You must be able to meet deadlines and work well under pressure with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Previous stage management or production management experience is a definite asset
- Special consideration is given to applicants with a license to drive a telescopic fork or scissor lift.
- You are eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario
- You are not a full time student (part time student is allowable)
- You are not leaving employment to participate; you can continue with part time work up to 20 hrs/week
- You are not leaving employment to participate in the program; currently working less than an average of 20 hrs/week is considered unemployed
- You also must meet at least one of the following criteria:
– Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten years and earned income in excess of $2000 in each year, OR
– Previously established a Service Canada Employment Insurance benefit claim: regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years
What is offered?
Program participants are offered positions of 30 hours per week (4 days per week) and are provided a payment of $423 per week ($14.10 per hour) by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.