This position is available through the Ontario Job Creation Partnership Program (OJCP), offered in partnership with Employment Ontario. The OJCP program is designed to provide work experience opportunities to those who have received regular Employment Insurance benefits within the last three years, or to those that received maternity/parental leave Employment Insurance benefits within the last five years. More information about OJCP can be found at http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/.
TO APPLY: Forward CV to [email protected] or fax to 613.233.3134. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in the email and/or cover letter.
CONTRACT LENGTH : 26 weeks
START DATE : ASAP
END DATE : For Set Weeks
JOB SUMMARY : Provides administrative support by assisting members of the festival team to ensure the smooth running of all aspects of the festival.
REPORTING : CRM Administrator
- Provide a full range of administrative support services, responding to the needs of the staff and artistic team, including filing and records management; maintenance of registers and routine databases including answering phones, taking memos and maintaining files, sending and receiving correspondence, as well as greeting clients and customers.
- Assist with proof reading documents
- Direct incoming mail; handle outgoing mail and courier
- Maintain supplies for office equipment; monitor and order office and other supplies
- Update and maintain general administrative files and front desk instructions and protocols
- Assist Box Office in processing telephone and mail order ticket sales together with appropriate follow-up
- Other related duties
SKILLS REQUIRED :
- Flexible and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work as a team player or as self-directed
- Experience in research techniques an asset
- Experience in the music industry an asset
- Bilingualism (English/French) an asset
- Accessibility Training is an asset
- Valid Driver’s License is an asset
INDUSTRY CONTACTS :
- Board, Volunteers, Festival staff and contractors
- Local and provincial volunteer organizations
- Educational institutions of all levels
- Local businesses and organizations
Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.