CB2– Box Office Assistant 1 – Ottawa Chamberfest
Desired Contract Length: 26 Weeks
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
End Date: After 26 weeks
Work Schedule: Full Time – 4 business days (32 hours per week)
Work Location: Downtown Ottawa
Summary: Reporting to the Box Office Manager/CRM Administrator, the Box Office Assistant 2 will support the box office concert sales, ticket printing, distribution, tracking and cash receipts and help with other various administrative duties.
- Tracking sales, and collecting unused tickets and receipts; preparing sales reports
- Processing ticket sales
- Assisting in box office procedure organization and implementation for the summer festival
- Preparing and reconciling bank deposits and credit card sales
- Answering telephones, redirecting calls, maintaining voicemail system, and responding to inquiries
- Directing incoming mail; handling outgoing mail and courier
- Updating and maintaining general administrative files and front desk instructions and protocols
- Coordinating in-office merchandise sales
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Skilled in MS Office Suite
- Detail oriented and a team player
- Cash handling and customer service experience is considered an asset
- Bilingual (French) is considered a strong asset
- Accessibility Training would be considered an asset
Additional Qualifications Required:
Eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario.
- You are not a full time student (part time students are eligible).
- You are not leaving employment to participate (working less than an average of 20 hrs/week is considered unemployed.
- You also must meet, and provide documentation for, at least one of the following criteria:
1) Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten calendar years and earned income in excess of $2000 in each year, OR
2) Previously established an Employment Insurance benefit claim (regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years).
$17.50 per hour for 32 hours – $560 (gross per week) provided by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in any aspect of the selection process.