CB1 – Box Office & Administrative Assistant – Ottawa Chamberfest
Contract Term: 26 Weeks
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: For Set Weeks
Summary: Reporting to the Box Office Manager/CRM Administrator, the Box Office & Administrative Assistant will assist with box office concert sales, ticket printing, distribution, tracking and cash receipts and various administrative duties.
Office Location: Downtown
- Tracking sales, and collecting unused tickets and receipts; preparing sales reports
- Processing ticket sales
- Assisting in box office procedure organization and implementation for the summer festival
- Preparing and reconciling bank deposits and credit card sales
- Answering telephones, redirecting calls, maintaining voicemail system, and responding to inquiries
- Directing incoming mail; handling outgoing mail and courier
- Updating and maintaining general administrative files and front desk instructions and protocols
- Coordinating in-office merchandise sales
- Additional duties as required
Who are you?
- You have good verbal and written communication skills
- You have strong interpersonal skills
- You have excellent organizational and time management skills
- You are skilled in MS Office Suite
- You are detail oriented and a team player
- If you have cash handling and customer service experience it would be considered an asset
- If you are Bilingual it is considered a strong asset
- If you have Accessibility Training it would be considered an asset
- You’re eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You’re a resident, living in Ontario
- You are not a full time student (attending school part time is allowable)
- You’re not leaving employment to participate; you can work a part time job of up to 20 hrs/week
- You also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten years and earned income in excess of $2000 in each year, OR
- Previously established a Service Canada Employment Insurance benefit claim: regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years
What is offered?
Program participants are offered positions of 30 hours per week (4 days per week) and are provided a payment of $423 per week ($14.10 per hour) by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in any aspect of the selection process.