Position: CB1 – Box Office & Administrative Assistant – Ottawa Chamberfest
Desired Contract Term: 26 Weeks
Anticipated Start Date: November 25, 2019
End Date: Term approved to the Province of Ontario’s current government fiscal year end, March 31, 2020. Desired additional weeks, ending May 22, 2019, is pending the approval of Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year (2020-2021) JCP program application to the Province.
Work Schedule: 4 business days per week (32 hours)
Job Summary: Reporting to the Box Office Manager/CRM Administrator, the Box Office & Administrative Assistant will assist with box office concert sales, ticket printing, distribution, tracking and cash receipts and various administrative duties.
- Assisting in box office for Chamberfest seasonal events by processing and tracking sales, collecting unused tickets and receipts; preparing sales reports
- Preparing and reconciling bank deposits and credit card sales
- Answering telephones, redirecting calls, maintaining voicemail system, and responding to inquiries
- Directing incoming mail; handling outgoing mail and courier
- Updating and maintaining general administrative files and front desk instructions and protocols
- Coordinating in-office merchandise sales
- Additional administrative projects as they arise
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- You have good verbal and written communication skills
- You have strong interpersonal skills
- You have excellent organizational and time management skills
- You are skilled in MS Office Suite
- You are detail oriented and a team player
- If you have cash handling and customer service experience it would be considered an asset
- If you are Bilingual it is considered a strong asset
- If you have Accessibility Training it would be considered an asset
- You’re eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario
- You are not a full time student (part time student is allowable)
- You are not leaving employment to participate; currently working less than an average of 20 hrs/week is considered unemployed
- You also must meet at least one of the following criteria: A. Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten years and earned income in excess of $2000, OR B. Previously established an Employment Insurance benefit claim (regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years)
Program participants are offered positions of 4 days per week and are provided a weekly payment of $560 by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please visit: http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/. Accommodations are considered upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.