Algonquin Students’ Association Position: Box Office Coordinator, Algonquin Commons Theatre
Location: Algonquin College, Woodroffe Campus, Ottawa ON
Type of Posting: Internal/External (Employees who are full-time internal candidates, as defined by the CUPE 5154 Collective Agreement, will be given first consideration)
Students’ Association Mission: It is the mission of the Algonquin Students’ Association to create an environment that inspires a passion for student success.
Results: Reporting to the Algonquin Commons Theatre (ACT) Front of House (FOH) Manager, this positions primary responsibility will be the delivery of professional and reliable customer service to the patrons & clients of the Algonquin Commons Theatre.
Nature: The Box Office Coordinator will ensure effective and professional delivery of the box office operations at the Algonquin Commons Theatre. As an ambassador for the Students’ Association, the Box Office Coordinator, will be polite, personable, outgoing and able to work as part of a team. The Box Office Coordinator will need to ensure a high level of customer service at all times. Based on the event schedule, the Box Office Coordinator is expected to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as the schedule demands. Scope: The Algonquin Commons Theatre is a 700 seat theatre owned and operated by the Algonquin Students’ Association. The Theatre is used by the Algonquin Students’ Association, student groups, & college staff to host events and activities. The Theatre is also available for rentals/use by outside organizations to hold both private and public functions. The Box Office Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day delivery of professional and reliable customer transactions. The Box Office Coordinator will be expected to build relationships with clients groups & customers in order to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction. The Box Office Coordinator will build and work alongside clients to ensure their event needs are met and provide customers to the Theatre with accurate event details.
•Excellent customer service
•Strong interpersonal skills
•Ability to conduct cash transactions comfortably & accurately
•Ability to train other ACT employees
•Ability to learn quickly and on the spot
•Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently with limited supervision
•Ability to work quickly and in a timely fashion during rush periods
•Demonstrate organizational & scheduling skills (including multi-tasking)
•Excellent computer skills; excel, data entry, website management, social media
• Answer in person, e-mail and telephone inquiries.
• Communicate and meet with clients in order to ensure ticketing needs are met.
• Track all outgoing and incoming tickets.
• Process and track ticket sales, refunds and exchanges.
– Complete post-show ticket settlement forms to account for final ticket sales
• Handling cash, debit & credit card transactions.
– Reconcile daily ticket sales, cash, AC One Card, credit, and debit transactions
– Process Rental Invoice payments and Event Rental deposits
• Build and maintain all Ticketfly events and event web pages:
– Build individual events according to client’s needs & wants
– Manage all ACT tickets and seating: holds, comps, UA, etc…
– Link social media outlets and website to ticketing platforms
– Input relevant artist and event info on the Ticketfly site for each event
– Review SA Marketing material and event announcement info (using Basecamp)
• Liaise with Ticketfly through the Community Portal system.
• Train part-time box office attendants.
• Create & maintain the Box Office, Ticketfly & Spinetix TV procedures manuals.
• Produce Spinetix TV poster loop.
• Pass along detailed instructions and show-specific notes to part-time box office
• Prepare media passes, comps and guest list tickets for day of show operations.
• Maintain Box Office poster boards, A-Frames and other marketing material.
• Stay current on industry trends to help increase event ticket sales
• Ensure the cleanliness of the box office.
• Ensure equipment and supplies are stocked and up-to-date.
• Maintain and update all Box Office forms (Ticket Tracking form, Pre-box Tracking form,
Hearing Assist form, etc.)
• Update and Maintain Box Office/Ticketing details in google calendar.
• Build and collect listserv requests for the ACT E-Newsletter
• General duties as assigned.
• Post-secondary education (diploma)
• Box Office experience
• Experience in other areas of Theatre Production considered an asset
• Excel in customer service
• Ability to handle fast paced environment with many disruptions
• Cash & point of sales experience
• Ability to perform while remaining on your feet for long periods of time
• Bilingualism (English & French) will be considered an asset
• Available to work non-traditional shifts, focusing on evenings and weekends
•Valid First Aid and CPR Certificate (preferred)
•Willing to complete WHMIS and AODA training
•This position is part of CUPE Local 5154 – Level 4 ($25.62-28.49)
•This position is a full-time position, 35 hours a week (work week will be flexible withsome weeks being more hours and some less hours)
•The Algonquin Students’ Association offers a comprehensive benefits package to itsemployees
If interested, please forward a cover letter, resume and references by noon May 23rd, 2017 to:
Paul J. Norman Manager, HR Policy and Organizational Compliance
Algonquin Students’ Association
(613)727-4723 ex. [email protected]
Algonquin Students’ Association values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer an inclusive work environment and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Workplace accommodations are available. While we thank all those who apply, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.