BAR MANAGER – RBC Bluesfest
RBC Bluesfest is searching for a candidate to design, implement and oversee the efficient operation of our beverage services. The candidate will work closely with volunteer leadership, festival staff, vendors, and contractors throughout this contract. The ideal candidate is someone who can work with varying personalities and priorities to make decisions that get the job done. This is a part time term position (March – July, full-time during festival time), exact hours to be determined, salary to be determined through the interview process.
● Liaise between bar supervisors, festival staff, vendors, etc.
● Ensure accurate and consistent bar service
● Manage crowd and assist patrons
● Implement controls and efficiencies in our Beverage Service
● Review design of service areas
● Create organizational priorities and communicate them to all leaders and supervisors involved in beverage services
● Must be 19 years of age or over
● Smart Serve certification
● Accessibility Standards Customer Service Training
● Extensive bartending and/or serving management experience
● This position requires individuals to be energetic, flexible, & responsible
● Willing to work in all types of weather , must wear non-slip, closed-toe shoes (e.g. runners) , Ability to stand for long
periods of time
● Able to anticipate the needs of Staff, Suppliers, Volunteers (Supervisors & Front Line Staff) & offer assistance
● Excellent interpersonal skills
● Effective communication skills
● Excellent problem-solving skills
● Able to multitask efficiently
● Good organizational skills
● Able to accurately process financial transactions
● Strong sense of direction
● Previous experience working with RBC Bluesfest
● Square POS experience
The RBC Bluesfest is committed to building an inclusive workforce reflecting the demographics of a Canadian society. The organization has also
developed policies and procedures in order to ensure a barrier-free selection process and workplace.
TO APPLY: Only selected candidates who meet the criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must
indicate how they meet the eligibility in the email and/or cover letter, forward to [email protected].